Hey everyone, it’s Kathleen back with you and today I have another scrapbooking layout to share! Since winter is right around the corner (maybe you’ve already had the first snow?), I wanted to do a very winter-y page. You may remember the two snowflake cards I shared a few weeks ago HERE – they inspired the design for this layout.
This layout is actually quite simple and came together rather quickly. Here’s what I did:
- I started by applying Glacier Paste in Sea Sprite through the Falling Snowflakes Stencil. You can use a Media Spatula for a thicker application, or a Dauber for a thinner application, like I did.
- Next I die cut snowflakes (similar) from vellum, Glitter Card (in white and silver) and from Frosted Silver Mirror Card.
- I matted my photo on some patterned paper scraps that fit the color scheme I was going for and adhered it in the centre of my page.
- I adhered the die cut snowflakes in a vertical line, varying the sizes and stacking some of them together.
- For some final touches I added black phrase stickers and a little cluster on the right side of the page.
- To repeat the pink of the patterned paper, I splattered some Pink Carnation Mica Mist around the snowflakes.
I decided on this color scheme because I wanted the page to look very crisp and winter-y. That’s also why I kept so much of the white space.
The Glitter Card is also perfect to add some extra sparkle and festiveness to the page! I think I have it in almost every color available! 🙂
That’s it from me today. I hope you enjoyed seeing this project and it sparks your creativity!
Thanks a lot for stopping by!