Hello crafters and welcome to the Tonic Blog! Ali Farmer from Australia here, with another cute interactive card for you using the ‘acetate wheel’ and the wonderful Celebrate Friendship stamp set from Tonic Studios.
Tonic sets Celebrate Friendship, Celebrate success and Celebrate Life are perfect for Interactive Acetate Wheel Cards as there are so many cute outfits for the animals to wear.
I love to use as many of these adorable stamps from each set as I can! It also makes me feel like I’m getting lots of creative use and value from my stamp sets – gotta love that!!
Stamping and coloUring
- To begin, I stamped the images using an alcohol friendly ink and cut out all the images. I stamped an extra ‘head’ for the cow.
- Next, I applied colours using my Nuvo Alcohol Markers
Nuvo Markers colours used
If you head to the Tonic Studios Shop, you’ll find free downloadable colour charts for a huge range of Tonic Products – so handy for the markers and deciding on colours to use!
For today card I used:
- Cow: Stormy Greys, Fair Skin Tones
- Frog: Emerald Seas
- Fence: Natural Browns
- Watering Can: Stormy Greys
- Flowers: Rosy Pinks, Palma Violets
- Outfits: Marina Blues, Apricot Ombre, Natural Browns
Assembling the card
- First, I used a cloud stencil and light blue ink I created a cloud background on a white cardbase.
- I also cut some kraft card with a stitched hill die for the ground and trimmed to size at the bottom of the card.
- Using a circle die I cut an acetate wheel and marked the center with a small hole and I placed it down onto the card front to ‘guestimate’ its position.
- Note : the wheel needs to sit (so that just a small overhang is at the bottom edge of the card).
- I marked the centre with a pencil and lifted the acetate wheel away again so I could pierce the front of the card at this mark and attach the acetate wheel with a brad.
- Next, I adhered the cow to the card front, behind the acetate wheel, as shown and I adhered the extra head so that It slightly overlaps the acetate wheel as shown.
- To cover the centre brad and the bottom half of the acetate wheel I then used 3D foam to mount the kraft card pieces to form the ground.
- Note: make sure the foam does not get in the way of the wheel turning.
- I adhered the flowers and fence, frog and watering can so that they will help hide the outfits on either side when the wheel turns.
- To decorate the card I also adhered other flowers and tucked them into the kraft card layers.
- Once everything was in place, I then adhered the outfits to the front of the acetate wheel, in line with the cow body, turning the wheel carefully for each one to make sure the outfit can not be seen either side.
To finish the card, I stamped out the sentiments from the Celebrate Sentiments Set on black card strips and white embossed them.
These cards are so much fun and I hope it inspires you to have a go at creating one today!