Hi friends, Jen Kray here. Today I’m sharing a few cards using the stunning Flora Background Stamp.
This is an absolute whopper of a stamp as it’s 6 inches by 8 inches!
So to make it shine, I mean literally shine!!! I’ve applied standard heat embossed techniques and I’m sharing 2 techniques to add colour to the images using shimmer powders and glacier paste.
1. Colouring with shimmer powders then adding glacier paste to seal your artwork…
- Use gold embossing powder and clear ink to heat emboss the gorgeous image from Flora background stamp onto navy cardstock.
- Paint image with Cherry Bomb, Falling Leaves and Atlantis Burst shimmer powders.
- Rub a very small amount of Quicksilver Glacier paste over the flowers. Wipe away excess immediately with a dry paper towel or napkin. Buff out.
- Trim floral panel to 5.25 inches by 4 inches.
- Gold heat emboss the sentiment onto white card.
- Add sequins, assemble card onto A2 card base (5.5 inches by 4.25 inches).
The navy card is regular Craft Perfect cardstock and has no special qualities for painting. As long as you don’t load your paintbrush with too much liquid, it won’t ruin the paper. The finish is so beautiful.
2. Apply glacier paste and then apply colours with shimmer powders…
- Heat emboss the Flora background stamp image onto pewter cardstock using clear ink and black embossing powder.
- Use your fingers to spread a thin layer of quicksilver glacier paste over the entire embossed panel. Immediately rub off excess with a dry paper towel or napkin and buff out. Dry with a heat tool.
- The glacier paste has a soft shimmer that’s perfect for pewter cardstock and acts as a barrier which protects your base card from watercolour mediums.
- Paint florals with lunar rocket shimmer powder and dry completely.
- Paint using Cherry Bomb, Falling Leaves, Atlantis Burst and solar flare.
- The glacier paste applied earlier, allows multiple layers of colour without damaging your card stock.
- Trim floral panel 5 inches by 3.75 inches. Trim pewter pane 5.25 inches by 4 inches.
- White heat emboss the sentiment onto the pewter card. Add a green shadow layer and trim.
- Add sequins then assemble card onto an A2 base (5.5 inches by 4.25 inches).
Card with a Stamped Black Sentiment
Finished Card with Grey Sentiment
The Glacier Paste makes absolutely stunning cards.
The ‘sending prayers’ card has been slathered in the paste, making the colour glide.
This is regular Craft Perfect textured card but the paste acts as a barrier so you are able to add multiple layers of colour without damaging your card.
So the techniques I shared today are very similar but the results are slightly different .. I hope you can give them a try!
Thank you so much for visiting the Tonic blog today.
If you’d like a more detailed look at the cards, you can visit my own blog, click here.
See you next month and have a wonderful week!
Lots of love and hugs.