Hey everyone, it’s Kathleen here again and today I have two cards to share with you that I made with one of my favourite Tonic Studios stamp sets ever: Peony Bloom. Peonies are in the Top 3 of my favourite flowers, so it’s no surprise that this stamp set for me was a must-have!
What I love most about a stamp set like this, is that you don’t need much more for your card to make it really striking, don’t you think?
Both cards are fairly easy to make and you can easily adapt them to fit your style by changing the colors, for instance. So let’s have a look at how to make these.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- Stamp the images from the Peony Bloom stamp set with a black, water-proof ink pad, like the Tonic Black Shadow ink, onto Ultra Smooth White Card.
- Color the images with the medium of your choice. I used Nuvo Shimmer Powders in Green Parade and Catherine Wheel.
- Once the images are dry, fussy cut them. You can leave a white border like I did, or cut right up to the black lines.
- Next, die cut a golden frame from the Golden Glacier specialty paper using the Mixed Rectangles dies. For my A2 sized card I used the second largest set of rectangles.
- Back the gold frame with Jet Black Classic Card. I used it weaved side up for some added texture.
- Stamp and heat emboss a sentiment to the black cardstock. For mine I used two phrases from the Summer Flowers stamp set and heat embossed them with Classic Gold embossing powder.
- Adhere the frame to a white side-folding card base with foam adhesive. Next, adhere the flowers and leaves to the frame. For the largest flower I also used foam adhesive for more dimension.
- Finally, embellish the card to your liking (or leave it as is). I added some Nuvo Dream Drops in Love Potion and Cloud 9.
The next card is even easier to make but is just as elegant as the first one, in my opinion. I really like the contrast of the bright flowers against the white background.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- Again, stamp, color and fussy cut elements from the Peony Bloom stamp set. I simply stamped all the images from the set once on an A5 sized sheet of Ultra Smooth Card and had enough for the two cards!
- Arrange the flowers and leaves in a cluster on your card.
- Adhere them in place using Deluxe Adhesive. Again, for the largest flower I used foam adhesive for added dimension.
- Die cut a sentiment from Welsh Glitter Card and adhere it to your card. I used the For You sentiment die but only cut the more intricate one.
- Finally, embellish your card with Crystal Gems.
I hope you enjoyed these cards and they inspire you to get creative and crafty with your Tonic and Nuvo products!
Thanks a lot for stopping by!