Hi there everyone! Hope you are all enjoying the start of the summer. Here in the Netherlands we’ve definitely had a few really summery days!
For today’s card I decided to use the Aqua Flow Pens by Nuvo to create a watercolor background that kind of looks like the waters in a clean, blue lake don’t you think?
How to do it
- Place a piece of watercolor cardstock on a wooden base and fix it with tape.
- Start coloring horizontal wide lines using the darker pen first and the lighter last. I used Aqua Flow pens in the following order: Azure Blue, True Turquoise, Aqua Splash and Clear Water.
- Add water with a Spray Bottle and place the card in a vertical position to let the colors blend. Let dry or use a heating gun.
- Add splatters of water. Let dry or use a tissue.
- Add splatters of the colors you used before to create the background. Let dry.
- Add white gouache splatters.
- Die cut the sentiment “Believe Sentiment Strip Die” and the florals from “Delicate Dandelion Die Set” in white.
- Cut the watercolor piece a bit smaller than the card base. Glue in place using craft foam and liquid adhesive.
- Glue the die cuts in place.
- Add Nuvo Morning Dew Drops.
If you want to see how I made this card, here is a video tutorial for you:
And that’s all from me today!
Thank you so much for stopping by, have a wonderful week!