Hey Everybody! It’s Maria (Cardbomb) here today with a fun way to use your Nuvo Shimmer Powders. I love using my Shimmer Powders to watercolour and wanted to share how I used them to watercolour on black cardstock.
I’ve made a video tutorial sharing how to do this so be sure to check that out if you are interested.
They look so metallic and vibrant against the black that you can achieve quite a different look than you do on white cardstock.
HOW I DID IT
- First, I started out by heat embossing the sentiment from Little Something for Harry in white.
- I masked the sentiment using a post-it note and I cut it out with rectangle dies.
- Using the stamping platform and the gorgeous floral stamp from the Dainty Daisies set I repeatedly stamped the flower in Clear Mark ink and heat embossed the images in Clear Embossing Powder.
- Next, I put little puffs of Shimmer Powder onto the surface of my workspace.
- I added drops of rubbing alcohol/surgical spirits to the powder and mixed until it was a consistency that I could paint with.
- I started out using a brush with a thicker tip and quickly decided to switch to a number 2 round brush so that I could easily stay within the lines.
- After I finished watercoloring the floral images I used a white gel pen to outline the rectangle defining the sentiment.
- I used some white acrylic paint and the leftover shimmer powders to splatter the background.
- To embellish this card I used Nuvo Crystal Drops in Neptune Turquoise
- Then I mounted the card front onto some gorgeous Pearlescent Card from the Craft Perfect line (Fresh Mint).
- I mounted the whole thing onto a black card base using foam adhesive to give the card a bit of dimension.
Thanks for stopping by everybody!
I hope you liked my project today and I’ll see you back here soon!
Have an amazing day!
PRODUCT SUPPLY LIST: USA SHOP