Hi there, it’s Sandi MacIver from Canada here and I’m very excited to be today’s guest designer. I have two cards to share today created with the Tonic Studios Dainty Daisies and Magnificent Magnolia stamp sets. First let me introduce myself. I’ve been a stamper for over 30 years and I find my style is kind of clean and simple and I LOVE to play with ink and paint. I am a retired Banker so stamping is now my full-time job (way more fun than banking, haha) I have been stamping and blogging full time for the past 10 years and you can find my blog at www.sandimaciver.com. My husband Ian and I along with our two Corgis Oscar and Lucy live in Drayton Valley Alberta Canada. We moved back to Canada 3 years ago after spending 13 amazing years in Portland Oregon USA.
As we live in Canada, our snow has just melted and I’m an avid gardener, so I’m impatiently awaiting flowers to bloom. Therefore, I decided it was time to make my own, haha….I combined two stamp sets to create today’s projects, in addition, I have two more cards to share at a later date.
Firstly, let me say “WOW” – I had so much fun breaking in these new Nuvo Aqua Flow watercolor pens. So much so my hubby had to make dinner, haha. Let me tell you, they are BOSS. Lovely rich colours, easy to work with, minimal mess. Above all – they are easy to store and easy to travel with.
Here’s some quick points on how I created the Tonic Studios Dainty Daisies cards:
- Stamp the branch image in black in the top left corner three times.
- Place the card front into a splatter box and spatter some additional black onto it.
- Next stamp the images onto watercolor paper and painted them all.
- When they were dry, cut them out. There are coordinating dies, but the fussy cutting really didn’t take long at all.
- For the sentiment, die cut it from the Gold Mirror card attached it to the card front with liquid glue.
- Attach the card front to the A2 card base (4-1/4 x 5-1/2 finished size) with foam tape.
- POP those flower centers: use a black sharpie to darken the center before using a white gel pen do add the dots – this really made them pop.
- Don’t forget the bling: I cut strips of the Craft Perfect 6 x 6 black and gold card stock and gold mirror, and attached them across my card front.
- Then I added my flowers and leaves.
- Final embellishment: a sprinkling of dots created with my Nuvo Crystal Drops – this one is the Metallic Pink Orchid and it matches perfectly.
For the flowers:
By layered the Wild Phlox and French Wine colors I was able to get that great depth in the flowers. I shared a video on my own blog here – showing you how I did this.
That’s it for me. If you would like a free PDF for each of these cards, slip over to my blog and download them. Thanks so much for sharing a part of your day with me, I sure appreciate it and until next time, Happy Stamping
40% off on selected products
The May’s Rise & Shine Sale is here! All throughout May we have sparkling deals across Nuvo and Craft Perfect products all at up to 40% off. Grab a bargain and, get your craft stash gleaming, with this shimmering selection of special offers