Hello and welcome back. This is Sandi MacIver and I’m guesting again today. I have three projects to share with you created with the Dainty Daisies and Magnificent Magnolia stamp sets. And, I’m sharing how I created three backgrounds and all the embellishments for three cards using only four of the Nuvo Aqua Pens.
Watercoloring with the Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens is so quick and easy with basically no mess. The water/ink/brush are all in one, all you have to do is paint. I used True Turquoise, Lemon Zest, Clear Water and Aqua Splash for today’s projects you can get them in the Summer Holiday and Ocean Air Sets.
- I started by white heat embossing images onto watercolor paper creating the Embossed Resist Technique.
- By adding the watercolor ink to the background, the heat embossing resists the colour, allowing the embossed image to pop right up.
- It’s a beautiful and creative way to add layers to your card making without bulk.
- Once the background was dry I matted it to a white card and then to a Peacock Teal card base.
- After that, I created the exquisite daisy/leaf overlays by white heat embossing the images on Vellum before cutting them out and attaching them with foam tape for a little depth. Don’t forget to hide the foam tape behind some of the embossing, as adhesive shows on plain vellum.
- I die cut the sentiment in black and attached with white glue.
- My final step, a few drops of Dragon Scales Nuvo Dream Drops.
For card #2
- By repeatedly stamped the leaf image onto watercolor paper I created a wall paper designed background. Again heat embossing the images for the Embossed Resist Technique.
- Next, I used the pens and water spritzer to pick up a very light watercolor for the background. Dried the piece and then colored the leaves with the same colors. undiluted this time, so they were nice and dark, contrasting with the background.
- When I placed a black belly band across the card front and attached my two layer die cut sentiment, the card had a strong masculine feel to it.
- Again, I added a small sprinkling of the Dream Drops Dragon Scales.
- Same basic steps as card #2 this time using this dainty stamp from the Magnificent Magnolia Stamp Set.
- Once the card was put together, I White Embossed three more daisies onto a strip of watercolor paper and coloured them with the Clear Water and Aqua Splash. I cut them out and used foam tape to attach them to the card front before attaching the sentiment.
In closing, I hope you found inspiration in today’s projects and will give these fun backgrounds and the Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens a try. If you have questions, please feel free to leave them in the comment section right here and I’ll answer them as soon as I can.
I share a free PDF download for each card along with a step by step video for today’s projects over on my blog and the supply lists are below for you.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and until next time – Happy Stamping