Hello everyone! This is Amanda from Little Crafty Pill and I’m really excited to be sharing with you my very first post here at the Tonic Studios blog.
I often forget the amazing results you can get with stencils, only to have my jaw dropped open once I remove that thin piece of plastic. Do you like using stencils?
These two cards are really easy to put together and it didn’t take me more than one hour to complete both projects. Here is how to do it:
- Cut two pieces of Ultra Smooth White Cardstock to 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches.
- Use tape to secure the card to a flat surface and then place the stencil over it securing it with tape too.
- For the first card use the Hybrid Ink “Rubber Duck” and apply it with a sponge starting at the bottom of the stencil and moving up without inking it again. This way you’ll get an intense color on the lower part that will fade towards the top creating an “Ombré” look.
- Once you are done with the colour, use Moonstone Glimmer Paste over the stencil.
- Remove the stencil carefully and let dry.
- Repeat the same process using the Hybrid Ink “Panama Rose” on the other piece of cardstock.
Once everything was dry, I trimmed the cards and place them on a card base using foam on their backs. For the sentiment I chose the die cut “Dream” and as I final touch I added Nuvo Dream Drops on colours “Love Potion” and “Cloud 9”.
And that’s it! Cards are ready!
I wish you could really see how shiny they are in real life. That’s why I love Glimmer Paste, all the sparkle and no mess! What’s your favourite product to use with stencils?
Hope you liked my projects and thank you so much for stopping by!
See you again soon!