Hello and good afternoon!
I’m delighted to feature on the Tonic Blog today as a Guest Designer! My name is Jen Kray and I’m currently part of Tonic Studios UK Design Team. It’s a privilege to work with such talented ladies, creating samples and prep for television, shows and social media. I’ve been crafting for three years and still feel like I’m a total noob at times but will stick my fingers in and have a go with almost anything. I live is a small Cornish Hamlet in the UK but I’m originally from California (just think 80’s hair, neon everything and braces to finish off the cool teenage look!).
Initially, I had a canvas to share (above) but made it again and turned it into a card as they are easier to post in the mail
Step by Step Instructions
- Please note that in order to use the Tonic Studios Media Dies, you will need a metal shim to protect your base plate.
- Die cut the 5×7 Stitched Rectangle Layering Die (card cover), a smaller Stitched Square Layering die, the flowers from the Enchanted Wreath, the both butterflies from Swirling Flora and Butterfly Forest.
- On your card cover use Old Linen Expanding Mousse through your distressed stencil but don’t heat set it. Once completely dry, add a light Old Linen wash over the entire card.
- Colour die cuts with Aqua Flows Clear Water, Just Peachy and Aqua Shimmer Midas Touch Pens.
- Using your metal shim, die cut the Love sentiment and cogs with greyboard and cardstock. Colour the top layers and adhere.
- Cut floral or very thin wire. Twist.
- At this point you may wish to add some Clear Water Aqua Flow to the front of your Stitched Rectangle Card front.
The finished project is a simple design and really shows how versatile die and embossing folders are.
Thank you so much and it’s been an absolute pleasure to be here this month.
If you have any questions please either message me on social media or you can leave me a blog comment and I will get back to as soon as I can.
Have a great day and see you soon!